Adventures in Niger

I will be a community health agent with the Peace Corps in Niger, Africa from July 2006 until October 2008. DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented in this website are solely mine and do not represent those of the U.S. Peace Corps or Niger.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Philadelphia

Hello from Philly!! I have found out that we arrive on friday and spend out first night with the host families on Sunday. Next friday, we will have a big party at the embassy and meet the US ambassador to Niger! that will be so fun I am sure. About 5 or 6 weeks in i think we will have access to internet and phones for a day, so dont take for granted the internet you are using to read this!!
Otherwise, the group thatt will be going with me to Niger is 43 people, pretty diverse, pretty much everyone is just out of college, and are really from ALL OVER...there is no one else from GA and only a couple from the south, there are a lot from the west coast...its probably 2/3 girls. I like all the people in the group a lot already, I am glad to have people that I like going over with me, if it has to be anyone other than my friends from the US. I miss yall tons! We have gone out a lot, eaten Mexican food, drank margaritas, and done karyoke...I mean, am I in athens?? hehe.... I am sad to leave because it is so real now, but I couldn't be more excited to be leaving and having this big adventure with a lot of fun new people. Hope everything is going well!! I miss yall already and I haven't even left!!
Love
KTP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie - sorry i didnt make the going away party! you are awesome for doing this. I know you will have the time of your life and make an enormous impact on all those you meet. Best of luck and I can't wait to see you again and hear all your stories. Much love!
Jon

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home